Monday, November 9, 2015

Hunt Recap: November 6th-8th, 2015

Here's a video of the highlights from last weekend's sits.




This guy strolled by on Friday evening (I think the time is off and it was actually 4:25 pm).  I didn't have time to get the video camera on him.  He was probably 40 yards and walking quickly.  I couldn't make my mind up if I should shoot or not.  I thought his body size looked a little young, but after seeing this picture I'm thinking I may have made a mistake.  It wouldn't have been an easy shot, but I probably could have tried to stop him.  If he comes by next weekend I'm letting an arrow fly!





It was difficult to pass this guy on Sunday morning.  When he first came around the trees his rack looked like a shooter and I clicked on the release.  After I noticed his puny front shoulders I knew he was a young'un.  That's when I unclicked my release and reached for the camera.  He'll be something to see next year I think.



The trail camera was about 200 yards West of my treestand.  I plan to set a new stand in this location next weekend.   There were more scrapes here and I found a tree that would give me an easier shot at deer travelling the fence line.





I found it strange to still see bucks hanging out together on November 4th.



These guys appeared to just be chillin' together that morning.


This guy was making a lot of appearances last week, and I wouldn't be surprised if I see him again next weekend.







I never did see this guy from the stand.  He's another up and comer with lots of potential.  He'd be hard to pass, but I know I should.  My mind could easily change if he walks under me!







No comments:

Post a Comment