Monday, November 1, 2010

The Ghost of Tank

A few years ago I was consistently getting trail cam pics of a buck I called tank. My first pictures of him were in 2007, but he didn't get my attention until I captured him again in 2008, sporting a much bigger body. He became camera shy sometime in October '08, and I haven't seen him since.
    When I pulled my camera this Halloween weekend, I was happy to see some nice bucks finally show up. Staab mentioned that he thought one deer looked a lot like Tank. Last night I went into the archives and found some pics of tank from '08. The varnish colored antlers, good mass, and general shape of the frame and tines did strongly resemble my once frequent visitor.
     Looking at body size and age of deer, it's unlikely that this deer is Tank, still roaming the canyons. However, he sure looks like he could be next-generation Tank. What do you think?



   Notice how the left main beam hooks in at the same angle on both deer.

   The G2's and G3's on the right beams also match almost perfectly.

What are your thoughts on the deer in the second picture.  Age?  Score?


No comments:

Post a Comment