Sunday, November 17, 2013

2013 Buck...Almost

Here's some video from my stand taken the morning of November 9th. 





After waiting a few hours we ventured out to look for a blood trail. We didn't find anything except a couple tiny drops on a piece of wood about 500 yards from where the buck was when I shot.  We spent the afternoon walking out the bottom and searching each finger of the pasture.  It was about 2:30 pm when we jumped a buck that was bedded on a shaded hillside over a mile from where the buck was hit.  We went and looked at where that buck was bedded and sure enough it was the hit buck.  There was only a small amount of dark colored blood in the bed.  We  backed out and I went in the next morning to cover the area we saw the buck head into.  I never saw any more sign.  It's pretty disheartening when a hit like that happens, but it does on occasion.  I ended up getting this buck on my trail camera the week before.





No comments:

Post a Comment